Welcome to the Zion National Park Wilderness Reservation System!
Here you can make a reservation for a wide variety of wilderness permits including canyoneering, backpacking, and climbing trips.
A reservation is not a permit; those with reservations must pick up their permit at a park visitor center before beginning their trip.
A wilderness permit is a contract between you and Zion National Park through which you agree to help us preserve and protect the wilderness for future generations. Learn more about Wilderness in a three-minute video.
As the permit holder, you are responsible for adequately preparing yourself and your group for a self-reliant and accident-free trip. Your safety and the safety of your group is your responsibility.
The fees are non-refundable and are as listed below:
- Reservation applications: $5.00.
- Advance lottery applications: $5.00.
- Last minute drawing applications: $5.00.
21 resource areas available online
- There are 755 advance lottery applications for Left Fork North Creek (SUBWAY) for May 2020.
- There are 88 advance lottery applications for Mystery Canyon for May 2020.
19 resource areas available online (2 resources are currently closed)
8 resource areas available online (1 resource is currently closed)